About the Project
On December 3, 2018, the Coventry Town Council charged the Library Renovation & Improvement Committee to help address their town goals. Since then, the committee has worked to create a plan that addresses the charges to the committee, including developing solutions to water intrusion, upgrading code compliance, developing a new library layout, and upgrading IT, electric, and energy use. The proposed plan has a net borrowing amount of $750,000. Coventry citizens will have an opportunity to vote on this plan on November 3, 2020.
• Deborah Walsh
• William Bonney
• James Parda
• Joseph Jankowski
• Timothy Ackert
• Dudley Brand
• John Twerdy
Click here to view the August 27, 2020 Town Meeting presentation from the Library Renovation & Improvement Committee.
The Library Board of Trustees is committed to transferring ownership of the building and land to the Town of Coventry, following the terms of the 2018 agreement.
• The project will have a net borrowing amount of $750,000.
• If the library project and school roof/alarm projects are approved at referendum, Coventry's debt service will still decrease and taxes will not increase.
• If the project is approved, it will cost the median household 67¢ a month.
• Click here to view Debt Service Impact Chart
• Click here to view the Tax/Mill Rate Impact Chart